Sunday, July 7, 2013

Catching up

Ok so I literally went M.I.A these past few months.  A lot has happened- including my first competition of the year which was the big sky championships on April 20th.  I was excited because I actually placed this time!! I was even more excited that a friend had placed too!  I had placed first and she had placed 3rd.  I have done 2 other competitions- one in 2011 and one in 2012 and I had placed 10th and 6th in those competitions.  So I was so excited!  I was pretty hard on myself though- because so far I have always gone into these competitions never feeling 100% ready.  I always have felt like I needed to improve on something.  For this competition I felt like I could have come in a little bit tighter - especially in my midsection.  This is all diet however.  I find that it helps extremely to eliminate all sweets, including any and all kinds of artificial sweetener including gum.  I find that it makes me crave more sweet things- so it helps me to just eliminate it all.  Now- this is not easy and it definitely takes some time.  But I know what I need to do for next time.

Here are a few pics from the show.  The first picture is of me and two other bikini gals on my team.  The second picture is of me and my friend, Alanna, who placed third at the show.  I really love getting dolled up and hair done and all just for the show!  Because most of the time- I look far from this on a daily basis.  Gym clothes on literally all the time (except when I'm working) and I'm lucky if I have makeup on my face and matching socks.

I really loved my red suit too!  Big thanks to CJ elite for the beautiful suit.  Now I had originally planned to do a much bigger show- two weeks after this one but again I wasn't feeling ready and my anxiety got the best of me and I decided to drop out of the show literally a day before it was supposed to happen.  Did I regret this decision?? Yes. I should have just gone through and done the show.  Well - lesson learned.  I'll have a goal of doing the show next spring.

So fast forward to now and I am getting ready for training for my next show.  This show will be the Fort Lauderdale cup in fort Lauderdale Florida on October 19th.  I have fallen off of track as far as dieting goes - I had finals with school and I am on a sort of vacation visiting my husband at the moment.  But that is no excuse to just stop and halt everything.  I really have a dream of obtaining my pro card one day- and I know that the bikini division is getting to be a harder and harder division to compete in because more girls are starting to do it.  This is no excuse to throw in the towel and give up. It just means that I will have to put my time into this sport and keep working at it.  Nothing worth earning is ever easy.  Winners never quit and quitters never win.  So anyways, I'm going to try and keep blogging as a way to keep myself motivated these next few months.  Please follow me along my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment